3 First Day of School Activities
- Regular Price
- Sale Price
- Regular Price
- Unit Price
This first day of school activity resource provides 3 quick activities so children can feel settled and you can get to know your students. Suitable for Kindergarten or Year 1.
ACTIVITY 1: FIND A CLASSMATE
This is the first of 3 great ways for students to learn about each other and help with making new friends on the first day of school.
- Print, laminate and cut out the cards so that they can be used year to year.
- Hand each student a card or read it to them if needed.
- When they find that classmate, they must find out something about their new friend. For example, if they have to find someone that has a pet, they can then find out what its name is.
- Lastly, students return the cards to the teacher, introduce the new friend and tell the teacher one thing about that person. Note: just remove any cards not suitable for your classroom.
ACTIVITY 2: FIRST DAY MEDAL
Send students home with a first day medal they have coloured/colored themselves so that parents can talk about the student's first day of school.
- Print on card so that the medals are a little stronger.
- Use a hole punch to put a hole in the top.
- Hang with ribbon
Also available pre-coloured for quick print, laminate and cut.
ACTIVITY 3: DECORATE A BACKPACK
Decorate your own backpack and write your name on it so that children have ownership of their classroom from the first day of school.
Large: Children decorate their own backpack to display on the wall.
Small: Children decorate the small backpack and write their names on them.
How to use these…
Write their computer login details on the back and laminate. Hang on keyrings for computer time.
- Attach them to hooks where they will hang their backpacks each day.
- Use as desk tags. Laminate and attach to desks.
Pages - 14
IMPORTANT - This is a digital download only so you will not be receiving anything in the mail.