Whole Part Part Connection Between Addition and Subtraction
- Regular Price
- Sale Price
- Regular Price
- Unit Price
Explore the connection between addition and subtraction using these whole, part, part puzzles and worksheet. If you are a busy teachers, this is a quick and easy activity to set up and teach. Options available in colour or black and white. Meets the Australian Curriculum ACMNA029 AND ACMNA054 in Number and Place Value.
Instructions for Whole Part Part Puzzles and Worksheets
Start by introducing the vocabulary of addition and subtraction using the posters provided. You can choose to print these A3 size.
Do some whole, part, part work on the board together…instructions provided.
- Print and laminate the whole part part puzzles – we have provided them in colour or black and white.
- The puzzles are mixed up so you can give them the whole sheet or you can cut it up ready.
- Give the students the whole sheet to cut and paste onto paper.
- Students are best to work in pairs so that there can be lots of discussion around addition and subtraction.
- Walk around while they are doing this and ask them why they matched the numbers together.
- Ask them about the addition they can see.
- Ask them about the subtractions they can see.
- Provide the worksheet. Students write out the additions and subtractions that match the puzzles.
Note: there are 10 puzzles but only 8 on the worksheet.
The blue green puzzles are easiest. Answers provided.
NUMBER AND PLACE VALUE
Year 2 - Explore the connection between addition and subtraction ACMNA029
Year 3 - Recognise and explain the connection between addition and subtraction ACMNA054